Good morning you guys! It’s almost the weekend – by that I mean we’ve made it halfway through the week!! Today you guys get to spend some time getting to know me and hopefully I will get to know you guys a little better!
Jena from Burpees for Breakfast was super sweet and nominated me for a blogger get-to-know-you award so that’s up first!
questions for me
1. what are you eating (and watching) right now?
I’m catching up on Conan, Jimmy Kimmel, and Late Night (Jimmy Fallon) eating carrots and drinking infused water. Does it get any more hipster?
2. favorite pre and post workout meal?
Oatmeal with an ENERGYbits smoothie – workout – bowl of fruit + a protein of some sort.
3. you wake up for a workout and you are NOT motivated. what do you do?
I stay in bed…I know I will feel better so it always (eventually) gets done!
A more helpful answer would be I look at how far I’ve come and focus on my goal!
4. what’s your current girl power jam?
I’m loving ‘Troublemaker’ right now; I like Olly’s voice and Flo Rida, well, who can hate on him? It’s not the typical genre but it has a great beat and I always pick up the pace just a little bit. Jena had a great one too with All About That Bass!
5. what has been the best part of your summer, so far?
Believe it or not coming back to Saint Louis. I loved being at my parents but am glad I came home.
6. because i’m thinking of waffles…favorite type of waffles, pancakes, and ‘dessert’ bread (like banana or zucchinni)?
LOL my favorite question. I like plain waffles with maple syrup. Yes, I am one of those people.
7. favorite type of workout and place to workout?
Swim! I love to swim! And a pool. open water swims still scare me but…I’ll get there and then, I’m sure, my answer will be anywhere but the pool!!
8. how many times have you gone into target and walked out without purchasing anything?
Ok. Jena – you caught me! We (my husband and I) go into Target just to go all the time, as in, at least once or twice a week. We hardly buy anything. In our defense we live about five minutes from a Target and have to drive past it all the time which means when we go out to dinner we stop, browse, and let our food settle. I don’t know if I should be ashamed of that or proud. It’s where all the cool kids go.
9. if you could create your own starbucks drink and name it, what would you create?
There’s actually a sweet little coffee shop in my hometown that created a drink after my mom. It has coffee, carmel, coconut, and chocolate. Now that. That is where it is!
10. who is your inspiration and why?
I have several inspirations. Most clearly I would say my mom and my step-mom. My mom is just so passionate and beyond good at everything she does. My step-mom has overcome some insane odds and has done it with a smile on her face the whole time.
11. what would be your disney ending?
I would honestly keep every parent alive in my Disney movie, Bambi, The Lion King, Shrek (his), The Princess and The Frog; you get my point. Keep the parents alive!
Second, I was nominated by Jenna at Little Green Running Shoes
Thank and link to the person who nominated you (DONE. Thanks Helly!)
List the rules and display the award (That would be this part of the post)
Share seven facts about yourself
Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated
Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you
Seven facts about me:
- I have just recently found sunflower seed butter…and prefer it over any other.
- My original university major was Philosophy. I’ve since moved onto Nonprofit Administration.
- My dream job would be working as an advocate for the Deaf or as a fundraiser (development director as it’s called in The World). If I could be an active living blogger all my life I would pursue that too. Obviously I don’t care to tie myself down too much!! We shall see what happens.
- I have tried just about every kind of eating habit out there and am still finding what’s best for me.
- My biggest pet peeve is bad customer service. It can sometimes get out of hand.
- I absolutely cannot sleep in past 6:30. Yes, 6:30 is considered sleeping in, I blame it on my mom, she’s an early riser. No, I don’t mind one bit.
- I don’t know how to ride a bike. Most you of you probably know that so if that one doesn’t count. I’m training for Ironman Wisconsin 2015.
Boom. I hope you guys learned something new about me, I look forward to hearing more about YOU! Also, how cool is that both ladies were Jena/Jenna’s?
Also – I’ll be hanging around the #liveloveNOURISH Twitter party tonight. You’re going to want to be there. You have a chance to win a copy of THE NOURISH COOKBOOK and $150 gift card to Lorna Jane. 6 PST / 9 EST. Be there.
Tell me something about you!